Sunday, October 10, 2010

Friends



     Over the years I've grown to (for lack of a better word) 'judge' people by their choices and beliefs, mainly whether or not they're vegan. I know 'judge' may seem like a harsh word, but the truth is we are judged everyday in such superficial ways, like how we look, and speak, and perform our shitty jobs that we hate. 

     Why is it that when it comes to measuring people by their moral choices we get defensive and say, 'oh, you shouldn't judge'? Of course I know the answer to that question. When we come face to face with our own hypocrisy, it stings, doesn't it? 

     So when I'm interacting with vegans, I know I am among people who have something in common with me that is one of the most, if not the most important aspects of my life; Veganism. I feel a kinship to all vegans. Of course, if you happen to be a vegan in addition to being a bigot, thief, or murderer etc., that would negate any fuzzy feelings I would have had for you. But I think most vegans are good people and at least operate on a good foundation. I salute vegans everywhere for the choice they have made to be human! (The Mad Vegan!)

No comments:

Why I'm Here

I started this blog for a relatively simple reason. I would like to explore the vegan lifesyle and the vast array of options that are readily available to almost everyone. Regardless of how difficult or inconvenient one may think veganism is, it's really rather simple. Let's get started. Bryan (Vegan Avatar!)